After the War
Returning home to Oregon
This letterhead shows the growth in class size of the Adcox
Auto and Gas Engine School in Portland from 1916 to 1920. Much of that growth
resulted from a new state law to help veterans. The school enrolled 311 students
who received state financial aid for returning soldiers, sailors, and marines.
(Oregon State Defense Council Records, State Historian's Correspondence, Box
1, Folder 46)