Search exhibits | Exhibit home

A State of Change: Oregon After World War II


An artist rendering of the Detroit Dam and Powerhouse on the North Santiam River east of Salem. Boosters promoted the huge amounts of electricity to be gained from such projects.

An artist rendering of the Detroit Dam and Powerhouse on the North Santiam River east of Salem. Boosters promoted the huge amounts of electricity to be gained from such projects. The dam was completed in 1952. (Photo no. OWR0046, Water Resources Dept. Records, OSA)

<< Back

An Oregon State Archives Exhibit - Copyright © 2008