Oregon Historical County Records Guide
Morrow County Records Inventory
Corner Survey Records
Series documents the establishment and/or restoration of survey corners or monuments by the county surveyor or registered land surveyors. Records include maps, field survey restoration notes, historical notes, and indexes. Information includes description of corners; existing markers; descriptions of new markers and any changes made to the locations; property owners; township, range, and section numbers; donation land claim information; date the new markers were set; and surveyor's signatures.
Records at the Morrow County Courthouse, Basement Records Storage Room:
[Morrow County Survey Records-indexes filed surveys and corner restoration forms], ca.1916-present (1 binder);
[Oregon Corner Restoration Form-copies], ca.1975-present (.70 cu.ft.).
Records at the Morrow County Road Department Yard, Public Works Shipping Container:
[Corner Survey Register-by township and range-in green binders], 1965-1988 (4 binders);
Morrow County Survey Records [indexes filed surveys and corner restoration forms], ca.1916-present (1 binder);
[Oregon Corner Restoration Form-title varies], ca.1975-present (.50 cu.ft.);
Record of Lost or Obliterated Government Corners Re-Established, 1908-1943 (1 volume);
[Survey Field Books-includes land, corner, and road survey information], ca.1910-ca.1940 (132 volumes);
[Survey Index Cards-includes corner restoration information-by township and range], ca.1916-ca.1988 (.15 cu.ft.).