Oregon Historical County Records Guide
Clatsop County Scenic Images
Coast Guard Ship
The Coast Guard Lightship Columbia was the last lightship used on the Pacific Coast. It guided ships navigating the mouth of the Columbia River from 1950 to 1979. The ship is now anchored at the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria. (Photo No. clatDA0047)
About this image
Dimensions: 2571 x 3872 pixels (300 dpi version); Date created: February 2009; Camera: Nikon D80 Digital SLR; Lens: Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED; Photographer citation: Gary Halvorson, Oregon State Archives; Keywords/Tags: vertical, Oregon, Clatsop County, Columbia River, ship, shipping, transportation, clouds, blue sky, Astoria, Coast Guard, Lightship Columbia, Pacific Ocean, Columbia River Maritime Museum, navigation.