Capitol Planning Commission Records Guide
Series Title: Plans, Projects, Proposals
- Box 2 / Folder 3 - Drawing of proposed highway, building floor plans, landscaping plans, room alterations, building signs", 1949-1968
- 1. 6 sheets (nos. 1-8): New State Highway Office Building, Union St. Mall Development Plan, Scheme VI, 3-30-1949
- 2. Labor and Industries Building, Sign, 6-7-1961
- 3. South Parking Area, Plan and Elevations, State Capitol Building, "Plan prepared from a study of road alignment, width, parking stalls and drainage?", 8-21-1950
- 4. 2 Sheets: Remodeled Planting State Capitol Building; Remodeled Planting State Library building, Nov 1950
- 5. 2 Sheets: Governor's Office: 1) relocated phone booths; 2) Proposed Office Plan, Jul 1961
- 6. 2 Sheets: State Highway Office Building, Development Plan of Grounds Showing Planting
- 7. Union St. Mall Development Plan, 11-20-1968
- 8. Capitol Visitor's Information Center Lounge, 4-12-1960
- 9. 4 Sheets: Tree Planting Schemes, Capitol Mall, n.d.
- Box 2 / Folder 4 - Maps of zoning areas, street and traffic flow, boundaries, development, ownership in Capitol area, plot plans, 1949-1967
- 1. Capitol Area Zoning with proposed expansion, Prepared by the Long Range Planning Commission of the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Jul 1949
- 2. Revised Plot Plan for the New Highway Building, Jul 1949
- 3. Capitol Mall Boundary, Nov 1956
- 4. Capitol Area Ownership, 6-15-1962
- 5. Capitol Area Ownership, 1960
- 6. Capitol Area Ownership, 1962
- 7. Capitol Area Ownership, 1959
- 8. Capitol Area Ownership, with red and blue shading for purchases and refusals, 1959
- 9. Capitol Area Ownership, 1960
- 10. Capitol Area Ownership, with colored areas demarcating properties that are newly acquired, in the process of being acquired, owner has expressed a desire to sell, being converted to parking area, 1960
- 11. Capitol Area Ownerships Map with trace paper overlay showing development plans, 1-1-1960
- 12. Greater Salem Area drawn with spillways, pipeline, dykes, dams, and probably backwater point on Mill Creek, n.d.
- 13. 2 Sheets: Chemeketa and Center Streets, Grading and Paving Project, City of Salem, Jun 1952
- 14. Capitol Area Zoning, Prepared by the Long Range Planning Commission of the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Jul 1949
- 15. Capitol Zoning, Proposed Boundary Revision, Capitol Planning Commission, Aug 1949
- 16. Salem, Marion County, "Exhibit A," bridge and road construction costs, n.d.
- 17. Revised Study of One-Way Street Plan for Salem Oregon Prepared for the Capitol Planning Commission, 8-26-1950
- 18. Map of Capitol Mall with trace paper overlay showing future development, ca. 1950.
- 19. Map of southwest area of Capitol Mall and environs, n.d.
- 20. Map of southwest area of Capitol Mall and environs showing areas influenced by closure of Chemeketa Street; letter describing map attached, 1960
- 21. 2 Maps: 1) Enlargement of central business district and mall area; 2) Map of greater Salem. Both maps are marked with lines and numbers. An accompanying letter describes these as recommended projects of the Salem Area Transportation Study, 1967
- 22. 2 Sheets: Future Development of State Capitol Group: 1) Preliminary Development Plan I; 2) Preliminary Development Plan II. A letter from the architect is attached.
- Box 2 / Folder 8 - Photos of capitol Mall Area Plans
- 1. 3x5 (qty. 14)
- Box 2 / Folder 9 - Revision to Board of Central Meeting Room C
- 1. Drawing
- Box 2 (of Accession 70A-025) Salem Residences, 1957
- 1-21 Photos of Salem residences near the Capitol
- Box 1 / Folder 1 - Aerial and ground photographs of Capital Mall, 1965-1980
- 1. 8x10 (qty. 15) / 5 5x7 (qty. 5)
- Box 1 / Folder 34 - Keally, Francis W.
- 1. 3 mounted sketch plates signed by Francis W. Keally, n.d.
- Box 1 / Folder 36 - Maps
- 1. Capitol Area Ownership, 1962
- 2. Master Plan Oregon State Capitol Group, Scheme 1, n.d.
- 3. Master Plan Oregon State Capitol Group, Scheme 1, n.d.
- Box 1 / Folder 39 - North Mall Area, Massing and Density Study of the, 1980
- 1. North Mall Area, Massing and Density Study of the, 1980