Loading

Oregon Bulletin

April 1, 2011

 

Oregon State Lottery
Chapter 177

Rule Caption: Changes the percentage of gross Keno sales allocated to Keno Jackpot Bonus.

Adm. Order No.: LOTT 1-2011

Filed with Sec. of State: 2-25-2011

Certified to be Effective: 3-1-11

Notice Publication Date: 1-1-2011

Rules Adopted: 177-099-0100

Subject: The Oregon State Lottery amended the above referenced administrative rule to change the percentage of gross Keno sales allocated to the Keno Jackpot Bonus prizes.

Rules Coordinator: Mark W. Hohlt—(503) 540-1417

177-099-0100

Keno Jackpot Bonus

(1) General: In addition to the prizes described in OAR 177-099-0080 and 177-099-0090, 3.1% of gross Keno sales (excluding sales of the Keno Multiplier option) for each drawing is allocated among three prize pools held in reserve as an additional prize for winners of the top prize in the 6, 7, and 8 spot categories, i.e., 6 out of 6, 7 out of 7, and 8 out of 8. A Jackpot Bonus prize is awarded when a ticket wins the top prize for either the 6, 7, or 8 spot under OAR 177-099-0080 or OAR 177-099-0090. If the Jackpot Bonus prize pool for a specific spot is not won, the Jackpot Bonus prize pool for that spot continues to grow.

(2) Automatic Entry: If a game play on a ticket is for a 6, 7, or 8 spot, the ticket is automatically playing for the Jackpot Bonus prize, as well as a prize under either OAR 177-099-0080 or OAR 177-099-0090. For example, if a Keno ticket with a 6 spot game play is the only Keno or Special Keno ticket to match 6 out of 6 of the winning numbers, that ticket, subject to ticket validation requirements, would win the top prize for the 6 spot under OAR 177-099-0080 ($1,600) and the accumulated Jackpot Bonus prize for the 6 spot.

(3) Division of Jackpot Bonus Prize Pool: The prize money in the Jackpot Bonus prize pool for a specific spot for any given drawing is divided by the number of tickets winning the top prize for that spot under either OAR 177-099-0080 or OAR 177-099-0090. The Jackpot Bonus prize pool is divided among those winning tickets on a pro-rata basis determined by the amount that each winning ticket played in the drawing in which the Jackpot Bonus prize was won. For example, if one Keno ticket wins the top prize for the 8 spot ($15,000) in a drawing, and was purchased for ten drawings at $3 per drawing, and one Special Keno ticket wins the top prize for the 8 spot ($25,000) in the same drawing, and was purchased for one drawing at $1, the holder of the Keno ticket would receive 75% of the prize in the Jackpot Bonus prize pool for the 8 spot and the holder of the Special Keno ticket would receive the remaining 25% of the prize in that Jackpot Bonus prize pool.

Stat. Auth.: OR Const. Art. XV, Sec. 4(4) & ORS 461

Stats. Implemented: ORS 461.200

Hist.: LOTT 3-1999, f. 3-25-99, cert. ef. 4-4-99; LOTT 3-2002(Temp) f. & cert. ef. 2-4-02 thru 8-2-02; LOTT 7-2002, f. & cert. ef. 4-29-02; LOTT 19-2002(Temp), f. 9-6-02, cert. ef. 9-9-02 thru 3-6-03; LOTT 30-2002, f. & cert. ef. 11-25-02; LOTT 3-2003(Temp), f. 3-28-03, cert. ef. 4-7-03 thru 9-30-03; LOTT 11-2003, f. & cert. ef. 6-30-03; LOTT 4-2009(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-26-09 thru 2-18-10; LOTT 3-2010, f. 1-29-10, cert. ef. 2-1-10; LOTT 1-2011, f. 2-25-11, cert. ef. 3-1-11

Notes
1.) This online version of the OREGON BULLETIN is provided for convenience of reference and enhanced access. The official, record copy of this publication is contained in the original Administrative Orders and Rulemaking Notices filed with the Secretary of State, Archives Division. Discrepancies, if any, are satisfied in favor of the original versions. Use the OAR Revision Cumulative Index found in the Oregon Bulletin to access a numerical list of rulemaking actions after November 15, 2010.

2.) Copyright 2011 Oregon Secretary of State: Terms and Conditions of Use

Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • oregon.sos@state.or.us

© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved​