Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Educators Benefit Board, Chapter 111
Rule Caption: Amendments update rule language to allow for composite rate Long Term Disability to continue
Adm. Order No.: OEBB 1-2013(Temp)
Filed with Sec. of State: 2-21-2013
Certified to be Effective: 2-21-13 thru 8-19-13
Notice Publication Date:
Rules Amended: 111-030-0050
Subject: Amendments to 111-030-0050 reflect the Oregon Educators Benefit Board’s decision to continue to allow Employee Groups who are currently using a composite rate structure for Long Term Disability for both employer-paid and employee-paid plans. In addition, the amendments to this rule also reflect the OEBB Board’s decision to expand the availability of the composite rate structure to those Employee Groups who choose to elect an employer-paid plan option on Long Term Disability.
Rules Coordinator: April Kelly—(503) 378-6588
Premium Rate Structure Selection Process and Limitations
(1) Educational Entities may choose a composite or tiered rate structure for each Employee Group for medical, dental and vision coverage unless otherwise specified in an OEBB administrative rule. The rate structure selected for each coverage type applies to all individuals electing to participate as active employees within an Employee Group.
(2) Educational Entities may select a composite or tiered rate structure for early retirees unless otherwise specified in an OEBB administrative rule.
(3) Educational Entities may select a composite or tiered rate structure for part-time employees of an Employee Group unless otherwise specified in an OEBB administrative rule. If a different rate structure is selected for part-time employees that structure must apply to all participating part-time employees within that Employee Group.
(4) Rate structures must be selected during the plan selection process.
(5) Once an Educational Entity elects a change in rate structure for a type of coverage within an Employee Group, the rate structure selection cannot be changed for at least three plan years. The rate structure change will go into effect on the first day of the next plan year, October 1.
(6) Educational Entities who offered LTD on a composite rate structure prior to moving to OEBB coverages can continue to do so. Use of the composite rate structure for LTD plans is only available on a mandatory LTD plan and requires 100 percent enrollment.
(a) Employee Groups using a composite rate structure for mandatory LTD plans effective October 1, 2012, may continue to use either the employer-paid or employee-paid option.
(b) Effective October 1, 2013, OEBB will expand the availability of the composite rate structure for mandatory LTD plans only to those Employee Groups that chose to elect an employer-paid plan option.
(c) Rate structures must be selected during the plan selection period and become effective the first day of the next plan year, October 1.
Stat. Auth.: ORS
243.860 - 243.886
Stats. Implemented: ORS 243.864(1)(a), 243.868(1) & 243.872(2)
Hist.: OEBB 8-2010(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-3-10 thru 1-29-11; OEBB 2-2011, f. & cert. ef. 2-11-11; OEBB 1-2013(Temp), f. & cert. ef 2-21-13 thru 8-19-13
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310