Oregon Health Authority, Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research, Chapter 409
Rule Caption: Temporary amendment to the Patient-Centered Primary Care Home Program Rules.
Adm. Order No.: OHP 7-2012(Temp)
Filed with Sec. of State: 10-4-2012
Certified to be Effective: 10-4-12 thru 4-1-13
Notice Publication Date:
Rules Amended: 409-055-0030
Subject: The Oregon Health Authority, Office for Oregon Health Policy and Research is adopting temporary administrative rules for the Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) Program to allow a 30 day grace period for practices to submit annual renewal applications.
Rules Coordinator: Zarie Haverkate—(503) 373-1574
Practice Application and Recognition Process
(1) Practices or other entities on behalf of the practice shall submit a PCPCH Recognition Process Application electronically to the Authority via the Program’s online application system found on the Program website. The application shall include data per OAR 409-055-0040.
(2) The Authority shall review the application for completed data and compliance with the criteria in OAR 409-055-0040.
(3) When the PCPCH applicant meets the criteria requirements, the Authority shall deem the applicant as a Recognized PCPCH Practice and assign a Tier level.
(4) The Authority shall keep instructions and criteria for submitting a PCPCH Recognition Process Application posted on the Program website.
(5) Practices shall be notified in writing or electronically of a PCPCHs Tier score or contacted for additional information within 60 days of application submission.
(6) A practice may be denied PCPCH recognition if it does not meet the criteria in OAR 409-055-0040.
(7) Practices must file a request for review with the Program within 90 days if the practice disagrees with the calculated Tier score.
(8) PCPCHs must renew their recognition annually or at the discretion of the OHA, but no less than 12 months from the effective recognition date identified to the practice by the Authority. At the Authority’s discretion a 30-day grace period may be allowed for PCPCHs to submit their annual renewal application without having a lapse in recognition status. If during the year, a PCPCH believes that it meets the criteria to be recognized at a higher tier, it may request to have its tier status reassessed by re-submitting an application not more than once every six months.
(9) The effective recognition date identified by the Authority shall be the date on which the Authority has completed the application review process.
(10) The Authority reserves the right to identify a recognition date other than the date of application review process completion.
(11) It is the intent of the Program to refine the criteria per OAR 409-055-0040 during the first two years of implementation of the Program based on PCPCH provider and stakeholder feedback. After this time, the Authority intends to move to a recognition renewal process of once every three years.
(12) Recognition requests may be sent electronically or by mail to the address posted on the Program website.
[Tables: Tables reference are available from the agency.]
ORS 413.042, 414.655 & 442.210
Stats. Implemented: 413.042, 414.655 & 442.210
Hist.: OHP 6-2011(Temp), f. 9-29-11, cert. ef. 10-1-11 thru 3-15-12; OHP 2-2012, f. 2-29-12, cert. ef. 3-1-12; OHP 7-2012(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 10-4-12 thru 4-1-13
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310