Board of Geologist Examiners, Chapter 809
Rule Caption: Adding Proctored Examination Reviews to Services Offered to Geology and Certified Engineering Geology Examination Candidates
Adm. Order No.: BGE 2-2013
Filed with Sec. of State: 9-24-2013
Certified to be Effective: 9-24-13
Notice Publication Date: 7-1-2013
Rules Amended: 809-010-0001, 809-040-0021
Subject: The rule amendments add proctored reviews for Association of State Boards of Geologist (ASBOG) and Certified Engineering Geology (CEG) examinations to the services offered to the Board’s examination applicants. The Board did not previously offer these services. ASBOG, the national examination provider for the Geology Fundamentals and Geology Practice examination sections, requires that a state board have an adopted policy specifying that proctored reviews are offered before it will accommodate such requests by applicants in the state. The Board also offers an equitable option to those taking the CEG examination. The Fee rule now specifies the charges for these newly offered services.
Rules Coordinator: Christine Valentine—(503) 566-2837
Fees, as established by the Board of Geologist Examiners, are:
(1) Fundamental Section of the national examination for Geologist registration — an amount equal to the actual cost of purchasing this portion of the exam from ASBOG.
(2) Practice Section of the national examination for Geologist registration — an amount equal to the actual cost of purchasing this portion of the exam from ASBOG.
(3) Examination for Engineering Geologist certification — $200.00.
(4) Manual rescoring or proctored review:
(a) For ASBOG manual rescoring request only — an amount equal to the actual cost charged by ASBOG for this service;
(b) For ASBOG proctored review request only — an amount equal to the actual cost charged by ASBOG for this service; and
(c) In addition to (a) & (b) and for all Certified Engineering Geology exam-related requests, an amount payable to the Board for the actual administrative costs of providing the service, including any costs for staff or Board member time, copies, postage, and other processing costs, up to a maximum of $100.00 payable to the Board per request.
Registration and Renewal
(5) Geologist-in-Training initial registration and annual renewal — $50.00.
(6) Geologist initial registration and annual renewal — $100.00.
(7) Engineering Geologist initial certification and annual renewal — $75.00. Engineering Geologist must have a current Geologist registration.
(8) Duplicate or replacement of lost, destroyed, or mutilated registration card — $25.00; duplicate or replacement of lost, destroyed, or mutilated wall certificate — $25.00.
(9) Restoration fee if postmarked:
(a) One to ninety days after due date: $25.00;
(b) Ninety-one to one-hundred seventy-nine days after due date: $50;
(c) Over one-hundred seventy-nine days after due date: $100.
(10) Renewal of registration by Geologist, if applicant is 70 years of age or over by renewal date — $15.00.
(11) Renewal of certification by Engineering Geologist, if applicant is 70 years of age or over by renewal date — $15.00.
(12) Application Fee — $75.00. This fee is to accompany any application for registration or examination and any reapplication for examination.
(13) Temporary Permit Fee — $100.00. This fee is to accompany any notification per 672.545(3)(b).
(14) File Maintenance Fee — $25.00 per request. This fee is to cover maintaining examination files for passing examinees who do not register in Oregon.
(15) Fee for a list of all registrants — $50.00.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 182.466, 670.310 & 672.705
Stats. Implemented: ORS 672.705
Hist.: GE 1(Temp), f. & ef. 11-3-77; GE 2, f. & ef. 12-13-77; GE 2-1979, f. 10-2-79, ef. 10-3-79; GE 1-1981, f. & ef. 8-3-81; GE 1-1982, f. & ef. 5-14-82; GE 2-1983(Temp), f. 10-14-83, ef. 11-1-83; GE 1-1984, f. & ef. 2-1-84; GE 1-1985, f. & ef. 7-1-85; GE 2-1986, f. & ef. 3-5-86; GE 1-1989, f. 12-18-89, cert. ef. 1-1-90; GE 1-1993(Temp), f. 3-1-93, cert. ef. 3-2-93; GE 2-199; GE 2-1996, f. & cert. ef. 8-30-96; BGE 1-1999, f. & cert. ef. 6-17-99; BGE 2-2001, f. & cert. ef. 3-23-01; BGE 1-2002, f. & cert. ef. 2-6-02; BGE 3-2002, f. & cert. ef. 7-9-02; BGE 6-2004, f. & cert. ef. 8-5-04; BGE 2-2005, f. & cert. ef. 9-28-05; BGE 3-2005, f. & cert. ef. 12-7-05; BGE 2-2007, f. 6-25-07, cert. ef. 7-1-07; BGE 1-2011, f. 6-21-11, cert. ef. 7-1-11; BGE 2-2013, f. & cert. ef. 9-24-13
Proctored Review and Manual Rescoring
(1) Applicants who do not pass an examination prepared by the Association of State Boards of Geologists (ASBOG) and administered by the Board may request manual rescoring of the examination, a proctored review, or both.
(2) Applicants who do not pass a Certified Engineering Geology examination administered by the Board may request a proctored review.
(3) A “manual rescoring” occurs when the accuracy of exam results that had been scored by machine are checked by hand.
(4) A “proctored review” occurs when an applicant who took the exam is provided an opportunity to review what questions on the exam were answered correctly and incorrectly.
(5) Only one proctored review and manual rescoring is allowed for each applicant per exam or exam section.
(6) Fees: Applicants must pay the fees charged by the Board for the costs of these services. Separate fees for rescoring and proctored review services are charged by the Board in accordance with the Board’s fee rule, OAR 809-010-0001. These fees include the amount due to ASBOG that is collected by the Board to send to ASBOG with the applicant’s request.
(a) When rescoring or proctored review is requested for an ASBOG examination, the Board follows the most current ASBOG procedures found in the ASBOG Professional Geologists Candidate Handbook, and the requirements of this rule (809-040-0021) apply.
(b) When a proctored review is requested for the Certified Engineering Geology examination, the requirements of this rule (809-040-0021) apply.
(c) Any written request for rescoring or proctored review and all associated fees must be received by the Board office no later than 10 days after the Board’s release of the examination score to the applicant unless otherwise authorized in writing by the Board Administrator.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 672.555 & 672.575
Stats. Implemented: ORS 672.555 & 672.575
Hist.: GE 1-1984, f. & ef. 2-1-84; GE 2-1984, f. & ef. 9-5-84; BGE 1-2002, f. & cert. ef. 2-6-02; BGE 4-2002, f. & cert. ef. 10-17-02; BGE 2-2013, f. & cert. ef. 9-24-13
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved