Comparability of Work
(1) The Department of Administrative Services shall use the Hay Method of Job Evaluation as the neutral and objective method to determine the comparability of the value of work performed by employees within the State Executive Branch and the compensation and classification structure of the state system.
(2) This methodology measures the know-how, problem solving, accountability and working conditions required to perform the duties within a classification of work.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.340, ORS 240.145, ORS 240.240, ORS 240.245 & ORS 240.250
Stats. Implemented: ORS 240.190 & ORS 240.235
Hist.: PD 4-1988, f. & cert. ef. 4-29-88; PD 2-1989, f. & cert. ef. 12-1-89; PD 2-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-1-94, Renumbered from 105-030-0095; HRSD 8-2003, f. 5-15-03, cert. ef. 5-21-03
"Pick-up" of Employee Contributions to Retirement
(1) The Department of Administrative Services shall treat any employee contribution to PERS from the employees' salaries as the employer's contribution, thus "picking up" that contribution for purposes of Internal Revenue Code Section 414(h)(2).
(2) The contribution shall be deducted directly from the employee's wages and the employee shall not have the option of receiving his or her contribution as salary and of making the contribution himself or herself.
(3) The employee's reported salary on the W-2 form for tax purposes shall be reduced by the amount of that contribution.
[Publications: The publication(s) referred to or incorporated by reference in this rule are available from the Human Resource Services Division.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.340, ORS 240.145(3), ORS 240.250, 26 USC § 414(h)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 238.200, ORS 238.205, Executive Order 94-23 & 26 USC § 414(h)
Hist.: PD 3-1994(Temp), f. 12-23-94, cert. ef. 1-1-95; PD 1-1995, f. 3-31-95, cert. ef. 4-1-95