Comparability of Work
(1) The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) shall use the Hay Method of job evaluation as the neutral and objective method to determine the comparability of the value of work performed by employees in the classified services within the State Executive Branch and the compensation and classification structure of the state system.
(2) DAS shall use a neutral and objective method to determine the comparability of the value of work performed by State Executive Branch employees in unclassified and management service, except those employees and agencies identified in ORS 240.240 as exempt from ORS 240.240. DAS shall use this method to determine the compensation and classification system for these categories or service, pursuant to ORS 292.951.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.340, 240.145, 240.250
Stats. Implemented: ORS 240.190, ORS 240.235, 240.240, 240.245, 292.951, 292.956
Hist.: PD 4-1988, f. & cert. ef. 4-29-88; PD 2-1989, f. & cert. ef. 12-1-89; PD 2-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-1-94, Renumbered from 105-030-0095; HRSD 8-2003, f. 5-15-03, cert. ef. 5-21-03; CHRO 2-2016, f. 6-22-16, cert. ef. 7-1-16
“Pick-up” of Employee Contributions to Retirement
(1) The Department of Administrative Services shall treat any employee contribution to PERS from the employees' salaries as the employer's contribution, thus "picking up" that contribution for purposes of Internal Revenue Code Section 414(h)(2).
(2) The contribution shall be deducted directly from the employee's wages and the employee shall not have the option of receiving his or her contribution as salary and of making the contribution himself or herself.
(3) The employee's reported salary on the W-2 form for tax purposes shall be reduced by the amount of that contribution.
[Publications: Publications referenced are available from the agency.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.340,
240.145(3), 240.250, 26 USC § 414(h)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 238.200, 238.205, EO 94-23 & 26 USC § 414(h)
Hist.: PD 3-1994(Temp), f. 12-23-94, cert. ef. 1-1-95; PD 1-1995, f. 3-31-95, cert. ef. 4-1-95; CHRO 2-2016, f. 6-22-16, cert. ef. 7-1-16
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310