Notice of Proposed Adoption, Amendment, or Repeal of Rules
Prior to the adoption, amendment, or repeal of any rule, other than a temporary rule which shall be adopted in accordance with ORS 183.335(5), the Department of Administrative Services, Chief Financial Office, shall give notice of the intended action:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least 21 days before the effective date of the intended action;
(2) By mailing a copy of the notice to persons on the Department of Administrative Service's mailing list established pursuant to ORS 183.335(7) at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule. (ORS 183.335(1)(c);
(3) By mailing notice to certain legislators at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule. (ORS 183.335(1)(d); and
(4) By mailing or furnishing a copy of the notice to:
(a) The Associated Press;
(b) State Agency Administrators; and
(c) The Capitol Building Press Room.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 & ORS 184
Hist.: BMD 1-1982, f. & ef. 3-1-82; BMD 5-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-24-03
Model Rules of Procedure
The Attorney General's Model Rules of Procedure under the Administrative Procedures Act (October 3, 2001) are hereby adopted by reference as general administrative procedural rules of the Department of Administrative Services and the Chief Financial Office.
[ED. NOTE: The full text of the Attorney General's Model Rules of Procedure is available from the off ice of the Attorney General or the DAS Chief Financial Office.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183
Hist.: ED 1-1982, f. & ef. 1-11-82; BMD 1-1983, f. & ef. 10-11-83; BMD 1-1986, f. & ef. 2-20-86; BMD 5-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-24-03
Continuing Resolution for State Agency Expenditure Limitations
(1) A state agency, as defined in House Bill 5046 (Oregon Laws 2015), may incur obligations and authorized expenditures to continue operations into the 2015-2017 biennium at:
(a) The agency’s 2013-2015 eighth quarter allotment level; or
(b) For the Department of Human Services, the agency’s 2013-2015 seventh quarter allotment level; or
(c) For the Oregon Health Authority, the agency’s 2013-2015 sixth quarter allotment level; or
(d) A higher or lower level as approved by the Chief Financial Office.
(e) In establishing an alternative expenditure level, the Chief Financial Office shall consider pending legislative budget direction.
(2) Each state agency without a legislatively adopted budget as of June 30, 2015, shall send a signed letter of verification to the Chief Financial Office on or before June 30, 2015, acknowledging:
(a) The agency does not have a legislatively adopted budget as of June 30, 2015;
(b) The continuing resolution ends August 17, 2015 or when an adopted budget is signed by the Governor;
(c) Expenditures will not be authorized above the level established pursuant to section (1) of this rule;
(d) Expenditures incurred under the continuing resolution will be part of the 2015-2017 adopted budget and not permanently charged against 2013-2015 expenditure limitation or appropriation; and
(e) The agency will not begin new programs or hire new staff positions until an adopted budget is signed by the Governor.
(3) Upon receipt of the signed verification letter, the Chief Financial Office shall establish an allotment level pursuant to section (1) of this rule. The Chief Financial Office shall notify each agency of the action taken.
Stat.Auth.: ORS 184.340
Stats. Implemented: Oregon Laws 2015 (2015 HB 5046)
Hist.: DCFO 1-2015(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 6-29-15 thru 8-17-15
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310