Policies and Procedures for Filing and Processing Statements for the State Voter’s Pamphlet
Designating the State Voters’ Pamphlet Manual and Forms
The Secretary of State designates the 2014 State Voters’ Pamphlet Manual and associated forms as the procedures and forms to be used to submit candidate statements, measure arguments, statements of arguments by any political party or assembly of electors, arguments in support of a legislative referral, explanatory statements, financial estimates and statements, statements prepared by the Legislative Counsel Committee under ORS 251.225 and county or metropolitan service district measures submitted under ORS 251.285.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 246.150, 251.014, 251.065,
Stats. Implemented: ORS 251.046, 251.065, 251.075, 251.085, 251.087 & 251.095, 251.115, 251.255, 251.285
Hist.: ELECT 9-2014, f. & cert. ef. 3-11-14
Inclusion Fees for County and Metropolitan Service District Measures
(1) The purpose of this rule is to establish a schedule of fees for counties or metropolitan service districts filing measures to be included in the State Voters' Pamphlet.
(2) Each argument for a county or metropolitan service district measure filed with the county must be accompanied by a filing fee not to exceed $300 or a verified petition containing not more than a number of signatures equal to 1,000 electors eligible to vote on the measure or 10 percent of the total of such electors, whichever is less.
(3) The county or metropolitan service district shall pay the Secretary of State a fee for each argument based on the population of the county or metropolitan service district. The fee schedule is as follows:
(a) For a county or district with a population of less than 10,000 within a county — $100.00;
(b) For a county or district with a population between 10,000 and 50,000 within a county — $200.00;
(c) For a county or district with a population over 50,000 within a county or service district — $300.
(4) Each page consumed by the ballot title and explanatory statement will be billed to the county or district at the same rate described in section (3) of this rule.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 246.150
Stats. Implemented: ORS 251.285
Hist.: ELECT 4-1998(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 2-23-98 thru 4-21-98; ELECT 8-1998, f. & cert. ef. 6-2-98; ELECT 3-2000, f. & cert ef. 1-14-00; ELECT 15-2000, f. & cert. ef. 8-7-00; ELECT 7-2006, f. & cert. ef. 4-18-06; ELECT 6-2010, f. & cert. ef. 11-1-10
Designating Temporary Electronic Filing System for 2014 Primary Election State Voters’ Pamphlet
(1) In the event that the Secretary of State issues a written determination that the regularly designated electronic filing system for voters’ pamphlet filings is unavailable for use, all voters’ pamphlet filings shall be filed using electronic mail as described in this rule.
(2) Candidates filing a statement by fee must submit the SEL 430 form marked “fee” along with their voters’ pamphlet statement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(a) To pay the required filing fee, candidates must contact the Elections Division at 503-986-1518 to make payment using VISA or MasterCard.
(b) The filing is not considered complete and will not be accepted unless payment is made by 5 pm of the next business day following the receipt of the statement.
(3) Candidates filing a statement by petition must submit the SEL 430 form marked “prospective petition” along with their voters’ pamphlet statement by email to email@example.com. The Elections Division shall review the prospective petition and if complete will provide written approval to circulate by email that will include:
(a) A signature sheet template;
(b) The number of signatures required; and
(c) The filing deadline.
(4) Candidates may include a photograph for publication with their statement. If the candidate statement is filed under this rule, any photograph submitted must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) Major political parties filing a Precinct Committeeperson Statement outlining the duties and responsibilities of a precinct committeeperson must submit the SEL 420 form along with their voters’ pamphlet statement by email to email@example.com.
(6) Any amendments to statements filed under this rule must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) Any statement submitted to an email address other than email@example.com will not be accepted.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 246.150 & 251.014
stats. Implemented: ORS 251.014
Hist.: ELECT 8-2014(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 2.13.14 thru 3-15-14
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved