PROFESSIONAL BOXING RULES
Statutory Definitions Apply
Unless otherwise provided in OAR chapter 230, the definitions in ORS 463.015 apply to the provisions of OAR chapter 230.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 463.413
Stats. Implemented: ORS 463.413
Hist.: BWC 1-1988, f. 3-22-88, cert. ef. 3-29-88; BWC 1-2002(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 2-15-02 thru 8-13-02; BWC 2-2002, f. & cert. ef. 8-15-02; SAC 5-2008, f. 6-12-08, cert. ef. 7-1-08
The following definitions also apply to OAR chapter 230, unless otherwise provided:
(1) “Amateur” means a contestant or participant in boxing or mixed martial arts who is not a professional.
(2) “Commission” means the Oregon State Athletic Commission.
(3) “Department” means the Oregon Department of State Police.
(4) “Director” or “Executive Director” means the Executive Director of the Oregon State Athletic Commission, referred to as the “administrator” in ORS 463.125.
(5) “Professional” means a boxer or mixed martial arts contestant who competes for or who has competed for a money prize, purse, or any other compensation in a boxing, mixed martial arts, or other unarmed combat event, whether licensed at the time or not. A boxer or mixed martial arts contestant who is or has been licensed in another jurisdiction as a professional boxer or professional mixed martial arts contestant is a professional.
(6) “Superintendent” means the Superintendent of the Oregon Department of State Police.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 463.113
Stats. Implemented: ORS 463.113 & 463.015
Hist.: BWC 1-1996, f. & cert. ef. 4-8-96; SAC 5-2008, f. 6-12-08, cert. ef. 7-1-08
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310