FEES FOR PUBLISHING, PRINTING, OR COPYING AND OTHER SERVICES
Department Fees and Public Records Requests
(1) All information in the custody of the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (Department) will be disclosed or protected from disclosure in accordance with ORS Chapter 192 and other applicable state and federal laws.
(2) Records Request Procedure: A request for photocopies, facsimile (fax) copies, electronically distributed (e-mail) copies and certifications of public records that are on file with the Department must be made in writing. Submission may be made by mail, fax, e-mail, or in person. The request must include:
(a) The name, address, and telephone number of the person requesting the public record;
(b) The date the request is being made; and
(c) An adequate description of the records being requested including subject matter and approximate creation dates when applicable.
(3) The Department will acknowledge records requests in a reasonable amount of time. In its response, the Department will:
(a) Indicate if they are in possession of the requested records;
(b) Identify the requested records that are exempt from disclosure under current Public Records Law;
(c) Provide an estimate of the expected cost of meeting the request; and
(d) Identify an estimated date by which the information will be provided.
(4) The regular duties of the Department will not be interrupted or interfered with because of time or effort required to respond to records requests.
(5) Records Request Fees: Unless otherwise provided by statute or other administrative rule, the Department may charge fees for recovering actual costs of:
(a) Staff time to research, locate, review, redact, compile and copy records;
(b) All material and media; and
(c) Postage, where applicable.
(6) Basic records requests requiring less than 10 minutes of staff time to compile and provide electronically will be charged a flat rate of $5.
(7) Records requests that require no redacting and are copied and provided to the requestor in paper form will be charged at the rate of $5 for the first 1–10 pages and $.50 for each additional page.
(8) There will be no charge for furnishing normal and necessary records or publications to public safety officers or public safety agencies.
(9) The Department may require payment in advance.
(10) Other Fees: The Department may charge for the use of facilities at the Public Safety Academy.
(11) The Department may charge replacement cost for lost or damaged keys, equipment, or meal cards.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 181.640 & 703.230
Stats. Implemented: ORS 181.640 & 703.230
Hist.: PS 1-1983, f. & ef. 12-15-83; PS 1-1990, f. & cert. ef. 2-7-90; PS 2-1995, f. & cert. ef. 9-27-95; PS 10-1997(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 11-5-97; BPSST 1-1998, f. & cert. ef. 5-6-98; BPSST 2-1998(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 5-6-98 thru 6-30-98; BPSST 3-1998, f. & cert. ef. 6-30-98; BPSST 19-2002, f. & cert. ef. 11-21-02; DPSST 10-2007, f. & cert. ef. 10-15-07; DPSST 4-2011, f. 5-5-11, cert. ef. 6-1-11