RULES REGARDING APPLICATIONS TO FORM A JOINT OPERATING AGENCY
The purpose of these rules is to establish standards to assist the Director in evaluating applications submitted to him for the formation of joint operating agencies.
These rules are adopted by the Director in accordance with ORS Chapter 183, pursuant to authority vested in him by 469.040(1)(d).
(1) "Director" shall mean the Director of the Oregon Department of Energy.
(2) "Joint Operating Agency" shall be as defined in ORS 262.005(1)(1975).
Required Information on Reason of Formation
An applicant seeking an order from the Director authorizing formation of a joint operating agency shall, by the submission of factual information, demonstrate:
(1) The specific reasons why the applicant believes it is necessary or desirable to form a joint operating agency.
(2) Activities that the joint operating agency will take to either plan for or provide an adequate supply of electric energy to meet the needs of publicly owned utilities in Oregon.
(3) The time frame within which the identified activities will be undertaken.
(4) In the event that the joint operating agency will not be active in either planning for or providing electric energy immediately following its formation, a statement as to why the Director should authorize formation of a joint operating agency at the present time.
Required Information Regarding Adequacy of Financing
(1) The applicant shall provide a proposed budget for the JOA for each of the first five years of its existence, identifying the sources of all funds to be expended.
(2) To the extent that specific projects were identified pursuant to OAR 330-040-0020(2), the applicant shall demonstrate that the JOA either has or will have adequate funds to finance the identified projects.
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved