DISCIPLINE; CIVIL PENALTIES
Establishing Civil Penalty Amounts
The Oregon Health Licensing Agency has adopted the following presumptive penalty schedule for the first and second violations of the following laws and rules. The following schedule must apply except as the Agency otherwise determines in consideration of the factors referenced in OAR 331-020-0060. For subsequent violations the provisions of OAR 331-020-0060 will apply.
(1) Practicing or holding one's self out as available to practice denture technology, or using the title denturist without a license or with an expired or suspended license is a violation of ORS 680.505 and may incur a penalty of $5,000.
(2) Licensed denturists who allow non-licensed persons to violate ORS 680.505 are in violation of and ORS 676.612(i) and may incur a penalty of $5,000.
(3) Violations of ORS 680.545 may incur a penalty of $2000.
(4) Failing to notify the Agency within 30 days of a change in business related information or license status is a violation of OAR 331-010-0040, and may incur a penalty of $200.
(5) Advertising in a manner, which would deceive or mislead the public or that is untruthful is a violation of ORS 676.612(2)(b), and may incur a penalty of $2,000.
(6) Violations of the practice standards in Division 420 may incur a penalty of up to $1,000 for each violation.
(7) Failing to meet minimum standards of acceptable patient care according to OAR 331-420-0000(5), as determined by the board may incur a penalty of $5,000.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 680.565 & 680.572
Stats. Implemented: ORS 680.565 & 680.572
Hist.: HD 3-1992, f. & cert. ef. 3-25-92; HD 22-1993, f. 12-30-93, cert. ef. 1-1-94; HDLP 3-1998, f. 6-26-98, cert. ef. 7-1-98, Renumbered from 333-020-0120; HDLP 1-2001, f. 3-21-01, cert. ef. 4-1-01; HLO 2-2004, f. 6-29-04, cert. ef. 7-1-04; HLA 10-2013, f. & cert. ef. 7-1-13
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved