GENERAL AND INTERNAL RULES
Hearings and Rulemaking Procedures
The Attorney General's Model Rules of Procedure effective December 9, 2003 shall be applicable to rulemaking functions and to all contested case hearings of the Child Care Division of the Employment Department.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 657.610; 657A.260
Stats. Implemented: ORS 657A.180, 657A.260, 657A.360, 657A.601 & 657A.360
Hist.: CSD 17-1993, f. & cert. ef. 12-17-93; CCD 1-1994, f. & cert. ef. 1-12-94; Renumbered from 412-10-601; CCD 1-1996, f. & cert. ef. 3-19-96; CCD 1-1999, f. & cert. ef. 5-26-99; CCD 1-1999, f. & cert. ef. 5-26-99; CCD 2-2001, f. 5-17-01, cert. ef. 5-20-01; CCD 3-2004, f. 7-30-04 cert. ef. 8-1-04
Prior to the adoption, amendment, or repeal of any permanent rule, the Child Care Division shall give notice of the proposed adoption, amendment, or repeal:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the effective date.
(2) By mailing, e-mailing or faxing a copy of the notice to persons on the applicable Child Care Division mailing list established pursuant to ORS 183.335(7) at least twenty-eight (28) days prior to the effective date.
(3) By mailing, e-mailing or faxing a copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(15) of this section at least 49 days before the effective date.
(4) By mailing a copy of the notice to the:
(a) Associated Press;
(b) United Press International;
(c) The Capitol Press Room; and
(d) A newspaper of statewide circulation.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 657A
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.355(1)(b) & ORS 183.355(1)(c)
Hist.: CCD 3-1994, f. & cert. ef. 8-2-94; CCD 3-2004, f. 7-30-04 cert. ef. 8-1-04
Social Security Numbers
(1) The Child Care Division (CCD) will not issue or renew a registration, certification or enrollment unless an applicant provides his or her social security number on the application or renewal form. The applicant need not provide the social security number on the application for renewal, if the applicant's social security number has previously been provided to agency and is in the record.
(2) If an applicant has not been issued a social security number by the United States Social Security Administration, the CCD will accept a written statement from the applicant to fulfill the requirements of section (1). The applicant may submit the written statement on the "CCD Statement of No Social Security Number" form. Any written statement submitted must:
(a) Be signed by the applicant;
(b) Attest to the fact that no social security number has been issued to the applicant by the United States Social Security Administration; and
(c) Acknowledge that knowingly supplying false information under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment of up to one year and a fine of up to $6250.
(3) Any written statement submitted to the CCD under section (2) of this rule or the identity of any person making such a statement will not be released by the CCD to any person or entity.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 657.610 & Social Security Act, sec.466(a)(13
Stats. Implemented: ORS 25.785
Hist. CCD 5-2003(Temp), f. 12-23-03, cert. ef. 12-28-03 thru 6-25-04; CCD 2-2004, f. 3-26-04, cert ef. 3-28-04
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310