OLD-AGE AND SURVIVORS INSURANCE
Collection of Pro Rata Share of Administrative Expenses
(1) Each public agency, as defined in ORS 237.410, must pay to the Board an amount determined by the Board to be the public agency’s obligation for administrative expenses incurred by the Board in the administration of ORS 237.410 to 237.515.
(2) The Board will determine administrative expenses for a period of 12 calendar months beginning July 1 of each year and allocate the expenses to each public agency in proportion to the number of employees reported to the Board by the public agency. The Board will invoice each public agency for:
(a) A minimum amount of $15.00; and
(b) The public agency’s pro rata share of administrative expenses, to the extent that amount exceeds $15.00.
(3) Administrative expenses charged to a public agency must be paid to the Board no later than 30 days after the date the invoice is issued.
Stats. Implemented: ORS 237.500
Hist.: PER 9, f. 12-15-55; PERS 21-2005, f. & cert. ef. 11-1-05; PERS 5-2011, f. & cert. ef. 8-4-11
Information and Records from Employer
(1) Upon request from the Board, an employer must provide to the Board records and information, including:
(a) Personnel information;
(b) Possible exclusions from coverage;
(c) Employer’s legal name and status;
(d) Federal employer identification number;
(e) Employee-employer relationship; or
(f) Information requested by the Commissioner of Social Security.
(2) If 30 days have elapsed from the date of the Board’s request, the Board may, without further notice, send a staff member to the employer’s premises to examine the employer’s records and obtain the necessary reports. The employer shall make its records available to the Board’s staff during normal business hours. The entire cost of such examination shall be paid by the employer.
Stats. Implemented: ORS 237.480
Hist.: PER 9, f. 12-15-55; PER 7-1981, f. & ef. 3-5-81; PERS 5-2011, f. & cert. ef. 8-4-11
Application for Inclusion
A public agency, as defined in ORS 237.410, may apply to the Board for inclusion in the agreement under ORS 237.440 by submitting to the Board:
(1) A resolution by the agency’s legislative or governing body requesting inclusion in the agreement entered into by the Board under ORS 237.414; and
(2) A completed Social Security coverage Application and Agreement.
Stats. Implemented: ORS 237.440
Hist.: PER 9, f. 12-15-55; PER 6-1981, f. & ef. 3-5-81; PERS 21-2005, f. & cert. ef. 11-1-05; PERS 5-2011, f. & cert. ef. 8-4-11