ATHLETIC EVENTS -- GENERAL
Western Oregon University administration sets ticket rates for athletic events at Western Oregon University. The general guidelines are listed below for the Committee:
(1) The charge is not to apply to any student enrolled at Western Oregon University at the time of the game, provided they can produce a valid student identification card.
(2) The range of the assessment may be from zero to $10.
(3) The gross receipts, less collection expenses, are to be deposited in a separate account and to be used solely for the purpose of financing national travel for the various Western Oregon University athletic teams.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351.070 & ORS 351.072
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070 & ORS 351.072
Hist.: OCE 2-1978, f. & ef. 10-27-78; WOSC 6-1991, f. & cert. ef. 6-18-91; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03
Coverage for Health Insurance
(1) Western Oregon University is to coordinate the coverage for health insurance the athlete's family has, or is individually purchased by the student athlete, with that of the University's secondary medical insurance program, which is financed from Incidental Fees provided for athletic programs and administrative expenses.
(2) Participants in the Western Oregon University athletic programs must place their required family or personal comprehensive individual insurance program information on file with the Western Oregon University Athletic Office:
(a) Before receiving clearance to participate in any countable athletic-related activity; and
(b) Before any athlete is allowed to participate in any games, scrimmages or any other countable athletic-related activity, including conditioning activities and tryouts.
(3) The essence of this co-insurance program is:
(a) The injured student will first utilize the primary family or personal insurance;
(b) The portion not paid by the primary family or personal insurance will be paid by Western Oregon University athletic insurance financed by Incidental Fees;
(c) The University's athletic insurance coverage will pay the remainder, up to where the NCAA Catastrophic Insurance is activated.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 351.070 & 351.072
Stats. Implemented: ORS 351.070
Hist.: OCE 3-1978, f. & ef. 10-27-78; WOSC 6-1991, f. & cert. ef. 6-18-91; WOU 3-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-28-03; WOU 3-2007, f. & cert. ef. 9-5-07
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved