SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN OF
DECEASED OR DISABLED PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS
For purposes of this program, a Public Safety Officer includes the following public safety categories as defined in ORS 237 .610:
(2) State Fire Marshal and the chief deputy fire marshal and deputy state fire marshals;
(3) Police chiefs and police officers;
(4) Sheriffs and deputy sheriffs;
(5) County adult parole and probation officers;
(6) Corrections officers;
(7) Investigators of the Criminal Justice Division of the Department of Justice.
For a student to be eligible for an award under the Scholarship Program for Children of Deceased or Disabled Public Safety Officers, he or she must:
(1) Be a citizen of the United States, or be in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intend to become a permanent resident; and
(2) Be a resident of the State of Oregon as defined in OAR 575-030-0005(1).
For a student to be eligible for an award under the Scholarship Program for Children of Deceased or Disabled Public Safety Officers, he or she must be determined by the Commission to have financial need, as set forth in OAR 575-030-0005(6).
Eligible Postsecondary Institutions
For an otherwise eligible student to receive an award under the Scholarship Program for Children of Deceased or Disabled Public Safety Officers, he or she must:
(1) Be enrolled in an institution of the Oregon University System; or
(2) Be enrolled in an Oregon community college; or
(3) Be enrolled in an independent non-profit postsecondary institution located in the State of Oregon.
Maximum Awards for Students Attending Independent Institutions
Eligible students attending Oregon independent institutions of postsecondary education may not receive awards in excess of the amount of tuition and fees levied on resident undergraduate students by the University of Oregon. The source of the relevant tuition and fee information shall be the official Oregon University System Fee Schedule published annually by the Office of the Chancellor.
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved