ALLIED HEALTH STUDENT LIABILITY INSURANCE
Allied Health Student Liability Insurance
Students enrolled in health related academic coursework involving patient care shall be required to carry liability insurance. The coverage shall be carried either as a part of a group insurance plan or by an independent policy as specified in the following paragraphs:
(1) Nursing Students: All students enrolled in the Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Programs shall either present proof of a current liability insurance policy with coverage of $200,000 for each claim with an aggregate limit of $600,000 or make payment of a fee of between $10 and $12, depending upon the insurance premium, toward the cost of a group liability insurance policy. Payment of the premium, or the presentation of proof of a current policy, shall be made in the fall of each academic year. The students shall be required to keep this policy in effect for the duration of enrollment in this program.
(2) All other Allied Health Students: All students in any Allied Health program, except for the Nursing program, shall present proof of a current liability insurance policy with coverage of $200,000 for each claim with an aggregate limit of $600,000 or make payment of a fee of between $10 or $12, depending upon the insurance premium, toward the cost of a group liability insurance policy whenever such students are scheduled to take any of the following courses during the academic year:
(a) DA 122, 123;
(b) DH 221, 222, 223, 321, 322, 323;
(c) MT 392, 480 (RFWS), 495;
(d) RAD 249, 250, 251, 310 (RFWS);
(e) NUR 102, 104, 106;
(f) NUR 202, 204, 206;
(g) NUR 200, 331, 421, 422, 423, 424;
(h) NUR 431, 432;
(i) R.N. Re-entry.
(3) Payment of the premium shall be made during the first term of enrollment for any academic year in which one or more of the above courses will be taken and shall remain in effect during the remainder of that academic year. Allied Health Students not enrolled in any of the courses listed above may make payment of the insurance premium on a voluntary basis.
Student Identification Cards
(1) All students must purchase an Oregon Institute of Technology Identification Card (I.D. Card) upon registering for classes. The I.D. Card will be the official identification for all college purposes and functions. There will be a $2 fee for each I.D. Card, and the Card will be valid for as long as the student remains enrolled at OIT. Should a student leave OIT and register again after being out of college for one or more terms, a new I.D. Card must be purchased for the $2 fee.
(2) Students purchasing a meal plan through the college must have their I.D. Cards validated for that purpose and have their meal plan records entered into the computer system. If no meal plan has been purchased by a student, this validation is not required.
(3) The replacement costs for lost, stolen or misplaced I.D. Cards is:
(a) $5 for a non-meal validated I.D. Card;
(b) $15 for a meal plan validated I.D. Card.
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved