USE OF CAMPUS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
As used in this rule the following definitions apply:
(1) "Sale", "Selling", or "Purchasing" means an activity which creates an obligation to transfer property or services for a valuable consideration.
(2) "Commercial Solicitation" means any direct and personal communication in the course of a trade or business reasonably intended to result in a sale.
(3) "Solicitation" means to importune, or endeavor to persuade or obtain by asking, but does not include commercial solicitation.
(4) "Private Sale" means occasional selling between persons who are campus students or employees.
(5) "Commercial Transaction" means selling or purchasing, or both selling and purchasing by any person in the course of employment in, or in the carrying on of, a trade or business.
(6) "Recognized Campus Organization" means any club, group, or organization which has a charter or constitution approved or accepted by the president of Oregon Institute of Technology.
Commercial Solicitation, Commercial Transactions and Solicitation
Commercial solicitation, commercial transactions and solicitation are prohibited on campus except upon written application by the vendor or solicitor, and with written permission by the college president or his designated representative:
(1) The application shall include:
(a) The applicant's name;
(b) The name, address and telephone number of the company or organization represented by the applicant;
(c) The purpose of the visit to the campus;
(d) The type of activity to be engaged in;
(e) The duration of the visit;
(f) Any other information deemed to be relevant.
(2) Such application is submitted at least 72 hours prior to requested use and permission is granted.
(3) Permission may be granted if the proposed activity does not interfere with the operation of the institution and if it is not prohibited by law.
Permission to Engage in Solicitation
Any applicant granted permission under OAR 578-045-0010 to engage in commercial solicitation, commercial transactions, or solicitation must abide by any time, place and manner restrictions which may be imposed as a condition to granting such permission. Normally, space for such activities will be provided in the college union.
Discipline for Violation of Solicitation
Persons who violate the provisions of this rule shall be disciplined as follows:
(1) Members of the campus community shall be disciplined as appropriate to that person's status as a student, faculty member, employee or other category.
(2) Nonmembers of the campus community shall be prohibited from entering upon the campus for a period of 90 days.
Private Sales and Campus Activities
(1) Nothing in this rule shall affect private sales.
(2) Nothing in this rule shall affect advertising in campus newspapers or over the campus radio station.
(3) Nothing in this rule shall affect the activities of recognized campus activities.
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310