Notice of Proposed Rule
Effective January 13, 2015:
(1) Pursuant to ORS 351.735(6), the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (Commission) may delegate certain of its powers, duties or functions to the Executive Director of the agency of the Commission. Effective July 1, 2012, the Commission delegates to the Executive Director general powers, duties and functions of the Commission under ORS Chapter 348 as described in the following rules under this Chapter:
(a) OAR 583-030-0005 through 583-030-0056
(b) OAR 583-050-006 through 583-050-0040
(c) OAR 583-070-0002 through 583-070-0020
(2) The Executive Director may delegate any of the powers to Commission staff, except not to temporary employees or contractors, as deemed appropriate.
(2) Before permanently adopting, amending, or repealing any permanent rule, the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (Commission) shall give notice of the proposed adoption, amendment, or repeal:
(a) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin, referred to in ORS 183.360, at least 21 days prior to the effective date of the rule;
(b) By mailing or emailing, at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule, a copy of the notice to persons on the Commission's mailing and emailing lists established pursuant to ORS 183.335(8);
(c) By mailing or emailing a copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(15) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule; and,
(d) By mailing or emailing a copy of the notice to persons, organizations, and publications identified by the Commission and established educational, student, and parent organizations that have submitted mailing or emailing addresses to the Commission.
(3) Persons who wish to receive written or emailed copies of notices of proposed rulemaking from the Commission may write or email the Commission and request that they be placed on the Commission’s mailing or emailing lists.
(4) The Commission may update the mailing and emailing lists described in this rule annually by requesting persons to confirm that they wish to remain on the lists. If a person does not respond to a request for confirmation within 28 days of the date the Commission sends the request, the Commission will remove the person from the Commission’s mailing and emailing lists. Any person removed from the mailing or emailing lists will be returned to the mailing or emailing list upon request, provided that the person provides a mailing address or emailing address to which notice may be sent.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183.335, 183.341(4),
348.606, & 351.728
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.335
Hist: ECC 21, f. & ef. 11-28-75; ECC 1-1984, f. & ef. 11-28-84; ODA 2-2000, f. 7-7-00, cert. ef. 7-20-00; ODA 1-2014(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-16-14 thru 1-12-15; Administrative correction, 1-27-15; ODA 1-2015, f. & cert. ef. 3-17-15; ODA 2-2015(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 9-10-15 thru 3-7-16; ODA 1-2016, f. & cert. ef. 2-19-16
Model Rules of Procedure
Effective January 13, 2015. Pursuant to the provisions of ORS 183.341, the Commission adopts the Attorney General's Model and Uniform Rules of Procedure under the Administrative Procedure Act in effect on January 1, 2012.
[ED. NOTE: The full text of the Attorney General’s Model Rules of Procedure is available from the office of the Attorney General or the Office of Degree Authorization.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 &
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.341
Hist: ECC 22, f. & ef. 1-13-76; ECC 4-1978, f. & ef. 4-12-78; ECC 1-1980, f. & ef. 2-19-80; ECC 2-1981, f. & ef. 12-16-81; ECC 2-1983, f. & ef. 11-7-83; ECC 1-1986, f. & ef. 9-20-86; ODA 2-2000, f. 7-7-00, cert. ef. 7-20-00; ODA 1-2014(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-16-14 thru 1-12-15; Administrative correction, 1-27-15; ODA 1-2015, f. & cert. ef. 3-17-15; ODA 2-2015(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 9-10-15 thru 3-7-16; ODA 1-2016, f. & cert. ef. 2-19-16
Establishing Fees for Public Record
Effective January 13, 2015. A fee may be imposed on any school or person requesting services or information from the Commission pertaining to the administration of its functions under ORS 348.594 to 348.615. The amount of the fee shall be established by the manager to whom the Commission has delegated the responsibility to manage the Commission’s functions under ORS 348.594 to 348.615. The amount of the fee shall be sufficient to recover designated expenses incurred by the Commission in carrying out the administration of ORS 348.594 to 348.615. Any fees collected by the Commission, for services that are the responsibility of the manager, shall be deposited in the Degree Authorization Account established under ORS 348.601 and used exclusively for purposes directly related to the duties and functions of the Commission under the authority of the manager as delegated by the Commission.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 348.603
Stats. Implemented: ORS 348.603
Hist.: ODA 1-2015, f. & cert. ef. 3-17-15; ODA 2-2015(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 9-10-15 thru 3-7-16; ODA 1-2016, f. & cert. ef. 2-19-16
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310