CHARTER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Registry of Charter School Teachers and Administrators
(1) No persons shall serve as a teacher or administrator (as defined in ORS 342.120) in a public charter school unless such person either holds a valid Oregon license issued by TSPC pursuant to 338.135 or is registered with TSPC as a charter school teacher or charter school administrator in accordance with 342.125(5).
(2) TSPC shall create a Public Charter School Registry for all non-licensed persons who are employed as teachers or administrators in any charter school.
(3) To obtain a charter school registration, an applicant and the employing charter school will submit a joint application, which will include the following documentation:
(a) Description of the specific teaching or administrative position the applicant will fill with the employing charter school;
(b) Fingerprints on forms prescribed by the Oregon State Police and in the manner required by TSPC. Fingerprint cards previously filed with the Oregon Department of Education do not qualify;
(c) Completed application and fee;
(d) A description of the applicant’s post-secondary education and other experience relevant to the teaching or administrator position the applicant is seeking;
(e) A list of any professional licenses held; and
(f) A passing score on a commission-approved test of knowledge of U.S. and Oregon civil rights laws and professional ethics.
(4) Successful completion of the background checks disclosing no disqualifying materials or information will entitle the registrant to serve as a teacher or administrator as defined in ORS 342.120 in the employing charter school for a period of up to three (3) years or until employment with the employing charter school ceases, whichever occurs first.
(5) The registration is not transferrable to another charter school without an application for a registration change with TSPC.
(6) A charter school registration may be renewed for an additional three-year term upon joint application of the registrant and employing charter school on forms established by the Commission and upon the payment of the applicable fee.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 342
Stats. Implemented: ORS 342.120 - 342.430, 342.455 - 342.495 & 342.533
Hist.: TSPC 5-1999(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-24-99 thru 2-19-00; TSPC 7-1999, f. & cert. ef. 10-8-99; TSPC 9-2006, f. & cert. ef. 6-15-06; TSPC 7-2007, f. & cert. ef. 12-14-07; TSPC 4-2009, f. & cert. ef. 9-22-09; TSPC 5-2010(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-13-10 thru 12-31-10; TSPC 9-2010, f. 12-15-10, cert. ef. 1-1-11; TSPC 4-2012, f. & cert. ef. 5-18-12
Standards of Professional Practices and Ethics for Charter School Registrants
The provisions of ORS 342.120 to 342.430 and the administrative rules in OAR chapter 584 relating to the issuance, denial, continuation, renewal, lapse, revocation, suspension or reinstatements of licenses shall be applicable to all teachers and administrators holding a charter school registration.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 342
Stats. Implemented: ORS 342.125, 338.135
Hist.: TSPC 5-1999(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-24-99 thru 2-19-00; TSPC 7-1999, f. & cert. ef. 10-8-99; TSPC 9-2006, f. & cert. ef. 6-15-06; TSPC 7-2007, f. & cert. ef. 12-14-07; TSPC 4-2009, f. & cert. ef. 9-22-09; TSPC 4-2012, f. & cert. ef. 5-18-12
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved