STUDENT MEASLES IMMUNIZATION
Immunizations Requirements for Certain Community College Students
(1) Pursuant to ORS 433.283(2) and Health Division OAR 333-019-0090, the following definitions are set forth:
(a) "Clinical Experiences" means a student is required to complete practical work experience with patients in a public or private health facility.
(b) "Practicum Experiences in Education and Child Care Programs" means a student is required to complete practical work experience in a public or private child care or education setting.
(c) "Membership on an Intercollegiate Sports Team" means a college-sponsored team that engages in competition with other intercollegiate teams.
(2) Community college students born on or after January 1, 1957, must have two doses of measles vaccine prior to any participation in clinical experiences in allied health programs; or practicum experiences in education and child care programs; or membership on intercollegiate sports teams.
(3) Each community college shall develop procedures to implement and maintain this requirement.
(4) Each community college shall include a medical exemption and religious exemption.
(5) Acceptable records to document proof of two doses of measles vaccines are contained in OAR 333-050-0140.
(6) The Oregon Health Division may conduct validation surveys to insure compliance with the vaccination requirements.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 326.051 & ORS 433.283
Stats. Implemented: ORS 433.283
Hist.: EB 25-1992(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 7-27-92; EB 32-1992, f. & cert. ef. 10-14-92; DCCWD 1-2001, f. & cert. ef. 3-21-01, Renumbered from 581-043-0800; DCCWD 1-2003, f. & cert. ef. 1-9-03; DCCWD 5-2003, f. & cert. ef. 10-20-03
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved