Procedure for Notice of Intended Rulemaking
Before adopting, amending, or repealing any permanent rule, the Oregon Beef Council will give notice of the intended action:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin, referred to in ORS 183.360, at least 21 days before the effective date of the rule.
(2) By mailing a copy of the notice to persons on the Oregon Beef Council's mailing list, established pursuant to ORS 183.335(7) at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule.
(3) By mailing a copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(14) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule; and
(4) By mailing or furnishing a copy of the notice to:
(a) The Associated Press;
(b) Associations with an interest in council's rulemaking and publications whose readers have an interest in council's activities; and
(c) Newspapers in primary production regions of the commodities represented by the commission.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 577.290
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.335(1)
Hist.: BC 2, f. & ef. 6-4-76; BC 2-1995, f. & cert. ef. 7-5-95; OBC 1-2001, f. & cert. ef. 3-12-01
IRS Retirement "Pick Up"
(1) The Oregon Beef Council shall designate any employee contribution to the Public Employees Retirement System from the employee's salary as the employer's contribution, thus "picking up" its employees PERS contributions for purposes of Internal Revenue Code 16 USC 414(h)(2).
(2) The contribution shall be deducted directly from each employee's wages or salary so that the employees do not have the option of receiving their contributions as wages or salary and making the contribution to PERS themselves.
(3) Oregon Beef Council employee's salaries, as reported for tax purposes on their W-2 forms, shall be reduced by the amount of the PERS contributions.
[Publications: The publication(s) referred to or incorporated by reference in this rule are available from the agency.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 652.610
Hist.: BC 1-1995, f. 5-11-95, cert. ef. 7-1-95
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310