CRITERIA FOR PRODUCER CLASS QUALIFICATIONS;
The following words and phrases, when used in this division, shall mean the following unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Board" means the Oregon Forest Resources Institute Board of Directors, inclusive of elected, appointed, and ex officio members.
(2) "OFRI" means the Oregon Forest Resources Institute.
(3) "OFRI Voter Registration List" means the list compiled by the State Forester under OAR 629-065-0100 and 629-065-0200 which includes all persons qualified to vote in OFRI elections.
(4) "Producer" means any person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business entity, including all affiliates and subsidiaries, actively and directly involved in the growing, harvesting or production of timber or timber products, who has paid the forest products harvest tax under ORS 321.005 to 321.185 in at least one of the five years preceding an election for the OFRI Board of Directors.
(5) "Producer" does not include landowners who meet the requirements of ORS 526.610(2)(b).
Process for Determining Producer Class Qualifications
The board shall determine producer class qualifications by rule. A three-fourths majority vote of the board shall be required in establishing qualifications.
(1) The board shall consider the following factors in determining producer class qualifications under ORS 526.610:
(2) Whether there are sufficient numbers of producers in each classification to assure a broad representation of interests;
(3) Whether the classifications fairly reflect the proportional amount of harvest tax revenues contributed by various producers.
(4) Producer class qualifications shall ensure that the largest number of producers constitute the small producer class, and that the smallest number of producers constitute the large producer class.
(5) The board shall review the OFRI Voter Registration List on an annual basis to identify any necessary changes to meet the criteria described above.
Producer classifications shall consist of the following:
(1) Producers of under 20 million board feet per year;
(2) Producers of at least 20 million board feet per year, but under 100 million board feet per year;
(3) Producers of at least 100 million board feet per year.
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310