PERSONAL USE FUELWOOD PERMITS
The following words and phrases, when used in this division, shall mean the following unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Forester" means the State Forester or an authorized representative.
(2) "Board" means the Oregon State Board of Forestry.
(3) "Fuelwood Permit" means a permit issued by the Forester to an individual authorizing permittee to gather, salvage, cut, and remove not over two cords of wood fibre from State forest lands for personal use as domestic fuel.
(4) "Permittee" means a person who has in possession a valid fuelwood permit.
(5) "Permit Fee" means a charge made by the Forester to recover costs of administering the fuelwood permit program.
As set forth in ORS 530.050 the Forester in exercising legal authority for the management of State forest lands shall manage the land to secure the greatest permanent value to the State. The Forester, in the management, protection, utilization, and conservation of the lands may, in addition to selling forest products from the lands, permit the use of the lands for other purposes not detrimental to the State. The Board and the Forester have determined that it is in the interest of the State to permit the people of the State to utilize for fuelwood wood fibre that has a marginal economic or commercial value.
The Forester intends to issue fuelwood permits, and when necessary, to charge a permit fee. Such fee does not constitute a price for sale of forest products, but may be made in an amount sufficient to enable the Forester to recover costs of developing woodcutting areas, issuing permits, and supervising and administering the fuelwood permit program. If a fee is necessary, it shall be a standard rate, used Statewide, and established annually by the Forester.
Criteria for Fee Charge
(1) In determining when to charge a permit fee, and the amount of such fee, the Forester shall consider the following:
(a) The amount of demand for fuelwood permits in local areas or districts;
(b) The amount of fuelwood available and any costs incurred in making it accessible for permit use; such as yarding, bunching, posting, marking, and road improvement or maintenance;
(c) The possible impact of administration of the fuelwood permit program upon the accomplishment of other activities necessary to the management of the lands.
(2) If any of the above criteria or combination of criteria under the free permit system cause significant impact in the administration of general State forest land programs, the Forester may implement the fee permit system in a district or area.
Requirements of Permittees
Each permittee shall observe the following requirements:
(1) Permittee shall have the permit in possession when cutting or removing fuelwood.
(2) The fuelwood is for personal use and permittee shall not sell, bargain, or otherwise obtain monetary or material profit from the fuelwood obtained through a permit
(3) Permittee shall perform the cutting and removal of fuelwood in compliance with the laws of the State of Oregon, and requirements of the Forester for the protection and conservation of the lands.
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • email@example.com
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved