Procedure for Notice for Intended Rulemaking
So as to provide reasonable opportunity for interested persons to be notified of the Commission's proposed administrative rulemaking actions, the Commission shall give notice of proposed adoption, amendment or repeal of any administrative rule prior to any such adoption, amendment or repeal in the following manner:
(1) By causing the notice to be published in the Secretary of State's Bulletin, referred to in ORS 183.360, at least 21 days before the effective date of the rule;
(2) By mailing a copy of the notice to persons on a list maintained by the Oregon Hop Commission, established pursuant to ORS 183.335(7), at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule;
(3) By mailing a copy of the notice to the legislators specified in ORS 183.335(14) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule; and
(4) By mailing or furnishing a copy of the notice to;
(a) The Associated Press;
(b) Associations with an interest in the Commission's rulemaking and publications whose readers have an interest in the Commission's activities; and
(c) Newspapers in primary production regions of the commodities represented by the Commission.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 & ORS 576.305(12)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 183.335(1) & ORS 183.341(4)
Hist.: OHC 1-1978, f. & ef. 7-6-78; HOP 1-1995, f. & cert. ef. 7-5-95; HOP 1-2001, f. & cert. ef. 2-7-01
IRS Retirement "Pick Up"
(1) The commission shall designate any employee contribution to the Public Employees Retirement System from the employee's salary as the employer's contribution, thus "picking up" its employees' PERS contributions for purposes of Internal Revenue Code 26 USC § 414(h)(2).
(2) The contribution shall be deducted directly from each employee's wages or salary so that the employees do not have the option of receiving their contributions as wages or salary and making the contribution to PERS themselves.
(3) Commission employees' salaries, as reported for tax purposes on their W-2 forms, shall be reduced by the amount of the PERS contributions.
[Publications: The publication(s) referred to or incorporated by reference in this rule are available from the agency.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 576.305
Stats. Implemented: Measure 8, General Election, 11-8-94
Hist.: HOP 2-1995, f. & cert. ef. 7-5-95
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310