MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT PREVENTION COURSES
Standards for Approval of Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Courses
(1) Course Content -- The Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division of the Department of Transportation (DMV) shall approve motor vehicle accident prevention courses for purposes of ORS 802.075 if the course curriculum includes the following:
(a) Defensive driving techniques;
(b) Motor vehicle laws; and
(c) Influence on driving ability of medication, fatigue, alcohol and drug use, visual and auditory limitations, and aging.
(2) How to get approved -- A request from an organization for approval of a motor vehicle accident prevention course shall be submitted with a lesson plan that is complete enough for the reader to determine what will be taught. Requests shall be mailed to: Coordinator, Driver Safety Programs, DMV, 1905 Lana Avenue N.E., Salem, Oregon 97314.
(3) The instructor shall prepare completion certificates to be provided to the participants who successfully complete the approved course.
(4) The course shall have no more than 30 students per class and shall provide a minimum of 6 hours instructional time.
(5) The instructor may charge a fee.
(6) Withdrawal -- DMV may withdraw approval of the motor vehicle accident prevention course at any time DMV has reason to believe the requirements of the course are not being met.
(7) Approved courses available -- A list of approved courses and organizations authorized to present the courses may be requested by writing or calling the Coordinator of Driver Safety Programs at DMV.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 184.616 & ORS 802.075
Stats. Implemented: ORS 802.075
Hist.: MV 54-1989, f. 12-21-89, cert. ef. 1-1-90; DMV 5-1996, f. & cert. ef. 8-15-96