(1) Workers riding in motor vehicles having adequate seating facilities or in vehicles not equipped with sides and end gates at least 48 inches high shall not stand while the vehicle is in motion, except as permitted in OAR 735-124-0060(4). Passengers must wait for the vehicle to come to a complete stop before boarding or leaving.
(2) Workers shall be prohibited from riding on running board or fenders, hood or cab tops, or with their arms or feet hanging out of or over the rear or side of any vehicle, or on sides of pickups or on tailgates.
(3) When dismounting from a vehicle on a highway or road, the workers shall wait until the vehicle has proceeded before crossing the road unless the vehicle has stopped at its destination except when alternately flashing red lights are used as described in OAR 735-128-0010(9).
(4) Workers wearing equipment which might injure a fellow workman (spurs, exposed sharp tools, etc.) shall remove such equipment before entering any vehicle in which workers are being transported.
(5) Scuffling or horseplay while riding in any vehicle is prohibited.
(6) Any hazardous condition or defect of a motor vehicle or unsafe practice of driver or workers riding in any vehicle used to transport workers shall be reported to the employer, supervisor, or driver as soon as possible by any worker having knowledge of such conditions.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 802.010 & ORS 820.030
Stats. Implemented: ORS 820.030
Hist.: MV 49(Temp), f. & ef. 7-11-73 thru 11-8-73; MV 57, f. 7-19-74, ef. 8-11-74; Administrative Renumbering 3-1988, Renumbered from 735-081-0090
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310