Snowmobile Fees Relating to Registration
The fees relating to registration for snowmobiles shall be consistent with fees for other vehicles provided for in ORS 803.575 and shall be as follows:
(1) Issuance of a duplicate or replacement registration card is $5.
(2) Issuance of a new registration card under ORS 803.220, indicating a change of address, is $5.
(3) Issuance of a replacement registration decal is $11.
(4) Issuance of replacement registration stickers under ORS 803.555 is $11.
(5) Issuance of both replacement registration decals and replacement registration stickers, when issued at the same time, is $11.
(6) The fees paid under sections (3), (4), and (5) of this rule include the cost of any duplicate or replacement registration card issued.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 802.010, ORS 803.035, ORS 803.310, ORS 803, ORS 821.060 - ORS 821.090 & Ch. 217 & Ch. 587, OL 1987
Stats. Implemented: ORS 821.080
Hist.: MV 30-1987, f. & ef. 10-1-87; Administrative Renumbering 3-1988, Renumbered from 735-120-0060
Snowmobiles -- Title and Registration Requirements
((1) Unless otherwise exempt, snowmobiles are subject to title and registration requirements as provided by rules of the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division of the Department of Transportation (DMV) and as provided in:
(a) ORS 803.010 through 803.230 relating to titles, except odometer requirements as these vehicles are exempt as provided in OAR 735-028-0010;
(b) ORS 803.300 through 803.455, except 803.370(3) as provided in OAR 735-028-0010, relating to registration;
(c) ORS 803.500 through 803.510, except 803.500(1)(j) and (2), relating to registration cards;
(d) ORS 803.555 through 803.560, relating to registration stickers;
(e) ORS 803.585 and 803.590; and
(f) ORS 803.615 and 803.625 through 803.640, relating to temporary registration permits.
(2) Snowmobiles that are exempt from title and registration requirements are eligible for optional titling and registration as provided by rules of DMV and as provided in ORS 803.035 and 803.310. When titled or registered under this section:
(a) They are subject to the same titling and registration provisions as other snowmobiles required to be titled and registered; and
(b) If neither the title nor the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin is presented as proof of ownership, except as provided in OAR 735-022-0020(2), DMV shall receive an Oregon Uniform Commercial Code Search as outlined in 735-022-0020.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 802.010, 803.030, 803.035, 803.305, 803.310, 821.060 & 821.080
Stats. Implemented: ORS 821.060 & 821.080
Hist.: MV 30-1987, f. & ef. 10-1-87; Administrative Renumbering 3-1988, Renumbered from 735-120-0070
Placement of Snowmobile Decal
The registration number assigned to snowmobiles by the Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division of the Department of Transportation, as required by ORS 821.080, will be issued in the form of a decal. The decal may be placed anywhere on the left side of the snowmobile where it is visible while being operated, such as the front cowling or rear tunnel.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 802.010 & ORS 821.080
Stats. Implemented: ORS 821.120
Hist.: MV 7-1985, f. 6-14-85, ef. 6-16-85; Administrative Renumbering 3-1988, Renumbered from 735-071-0092