The definitions of terms used in ORS 671.310 to 671.459, and the rules of this chapter are:
(1) "Assumed or Fictitious Name" — A false name taken as one's own.
(2) “Business entity” — A sole proprietor Landscape Architect operating under either the registrant name or an assumed business name or any corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or other entity or association of persons providing landscape architectural design or consulting services.
(3) "Deceit" — An attempt to portray as true or valid something that is untrue or invalid.
(4) “Delinquent” — A registrant who fails to renew his/her certificate on or before the renewal date.
(5) "Emeritus" — Retired but retaining an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement.
(6) "Employing" — Hiring a person, not an independent contractor, for compensation.
(7) "Fraud" — Intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right.
(8) "Grossly Negligent" — Reckless and wanton disregard for exercising care and caution.
(9) "Impersonate" — To assume, without authority or with fraudulent intent, the identity of another person.
(10) “In good standing” — For purposes of ORS 671.376(4) and OAR 804-022-0025(1), 'in good standing' means that the Registered Landscape Architect when making the request for inactive status has a current active unrestricted registration; is in compliance with all requirements for registration including, but not limited to, payment of all required fees and completion of all continuing education requirements; and is not the subject of a pending board investigation or action or the subject of a board order.
(11) Late fee: a fee assessed when a payment is received after the date due.
(12) "Material Misrepresentation" — An untrue statement that is significant under the circumstances.
(13) "Renewal of Registration" — To annually maintain the current status of a valid registration or to bring a delinquent certificate of registration to current, valid status.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 183 & 671.415
Hist.: LAB 1-1984, f. & ef. 1-5-84; LAB 1-1985, f. & ef. 7-1-85; LAB 2-1986, f. & ef. 3-5-86; LAB 1-1989, f. 4-4-89, cert. ef. 4-7-89; LAB 1-2005, f. & cert. ef. 2-14-05; LAB 3-2006, f. & cert. ef. 8-14-06; LAB 1-2010, f. & cert. ef. 2-17-10; LAB 2-2010, f. & cert. ef. 10-19-10