Seal of the Landscape Architect
(1) Every registered landscape architect must obtain a seal of the design approved by the Board. The seal may be a rubber stamp or a computer-generated seal.
(2) The circular seal shall be approximately 1 5/8 inches in diameter with the word REGISTERED over the top with a large dot at both ends of the word and the words LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT around the bottom.
(3) The circular seal must have space for the registrant's signature through the center.
(4) The following must be included on the seal:
(a) The registration certificate number above the center signature space and below the word REGISTERED; and
(b) The following information below the center signature space and above the words LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT:
(A) The name of the registrant below the center signature space;
(B) The word OREGON below the registrant’s name; and
(C) The initial date of registration below the word OREGON.
(4) Each final draft of professional drawings and documents per ORS 671.379 must be stamped or printed with the seal and signed by the registrant. Only the title page of bound specifications must be stamped or printed with the seal and signed by the registrant.
(5) The registrant’s expiration date must be noted near the registrant’s signature on the seal.
(6) Use of the seal without signature by the responsible Registered Landscape Architect is acceptable on preliminary plans, documents or drafts prepared for review by agencies or others prior to final submittal.
(7) A Registered Landscape Architect is responsible for the custody and proper use of the registrant’s seal. Improper use of the seal by anyone shall be grounds for disciplinary action.
[ED. NOTE: Graphic referenced is available from the agency.]
Stat. Auth.: ORS 671.379, 671.415
Stats. Implemented: ORS 671.315
Hist.: LAB 2-1982, f. & ef. 6-24-82; LAB 1-1984, f. & ef. 1-5-84; LAB 1-1989, f. 4-4-89, cert. ef. 4-7-89; LAB 1-1993, f. & cert. ef. 7-1-93; LAB 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 4-22-98; LAB 2-2009, f. & cert. ef. 12-11-09
(1) After the registrant’s seal has been applied to the original or record copy, the registrant shall place the registrant’s handwritten signature in permanent ink across the seal.
(2) For electronic or digital documents, a digital signature is acceptable as allowed by ORS 84.001 to ORS 84.061.
(3) A digital signature transforms a message through the use of an algorithm or series of algorithms that provide a key pair, private and public, for signer verification, document security, and authentication.
(4) A digital signature must be:
(a) Unique to the registrant using it;
(b) Under the direct control of the registrant;
(c) Verifiable; and
(d) Linked to the document being signed in such a manner that the digital signature is invalidated if any data in the document is altered.
(5) Documents signed using a digital signature will bear the phrase “digital signature” in place of the handwritten signature.
(6) Each displayed copy of, and each hard copy printed from, a transmitted or stored electronic document containing a digital signature shall bear the seal and the signature, and shall be a confirmation that the electronic document was not altered after the initial digital signing of the document.
(a) If the electronic document is altered, both the digital signature and electronic seal are void.
(b) A registrant is responsible for the custody and proper use of the electronic or digital signature.
(c) Improper use of the electronic or digital signature will be grounds for disciplinary action.
Stat. Auth: ORS 671.415
Stats. Implemented: ORS 671.379
Hist.: LAB 1-2010, f. & cert. ef. 2-17-10
A registered landscape architect employed by a corporation or other business entity may advertise landscape architecture under the registrant’s own name. A business registered with the State to provide landscape architectural services may advertise only under the registered business name.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 671
Stats. Implemented: ORS 671.315
Hist.: LAB 2-1984, f. & ef. 5-1-84; LAB 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 4-22-98; LAB 1-2001 (Temp), f. 12-24-01 cert. ef. 1-1-02 thru 5-1-02; Administrative correction 12-2-02; LAB 1-2005, f. & cert. ef. 2-14-05; LAB 2-2006, f. & cert. ef. 6-26-06
Civil Penalties may be assessed up to $5,000 for each offense. Such offenses include, but are not limited to:
(1) Unregistered individuals representing themselves as landscape architects.
(2) Registered landscape architects violating any of the provisions of ORS 671.310 through 671.459 or any rule adopted by the board.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 671.415, 671.950
Stats. Implemented: ORS 671.950
Hist.: LAB 2-1982, f. & ef. 6-24-82; LAB 1-1984, f. & ef. 1-5-84; LAB 2-1998, f. & cert. ef. 4-22-98; LAB 1-2001 (Temp), f. 12-24-01 cert. ef. 1-1-02 thru 5-1-02; Administrative correction 12-2-02; LAB 1-2005, f. & cert. ef. 2-14-05; LAB 1-2006, f. & cert. ef. 3-17-06; LAB 2-2008, f. & cert. ef. 3-20-08
The Board may publish a biennial roster containing the names of all registrants.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 671
Hist.: LAB 1-1984, f. & ef. 1-5-84; LAB 1-1989, f. 4-4-89, cert. ef. 4-7-89
Oregon Secretary of State • 136 State Capitol • Salem, OR 97310-0722
Phone: (503) 986-1523 • Fax: (503) 986-1616 • firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013 State of Oregon All Rights Reserved