(1) “Agency” means the Oregon Health Licensing Agency.
(2) “CDR” means the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
(3) “CEU” means a continuing education unit and the numerical value determined by the board to be earned by a renewal applicant by attending a specified training course. The terms “continuing education credit” and “continuing education unit” are synonymous and may be used interchangeably.
(4) “Continuing Education (CE)” means post-licensure education in maintaining and improving knowledge and skills in dietetics practice as defined in ORS 691.405(1).
(5) “Nutrition Care Process (NCP)” means a systematic problem-solving method that dietitians use to critically think and make decisions when providing medical nutrition therapy or to address nutrition related problems and provide safe, effective, high quality nutrition care.
(6) “Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)” means an evidence-based application of the Nutrition Care Process focused on prevention, delay or management of diseases and conditions, and involves an in-depth assessment, periodic re-assessment and intervention.
(7) “Official Transcript” means an original document certified by an accredited college or university indicating hours and types of course work, examinations and scores that the student has completed, which has been submitted by a regionally accredited United States college or university by mail or courier to the agency in a sealed envelope on behalf of the applicant.
(8) “OHPR” means the office for Oregon Health Policy and Research.
Stat. Auth.: ORS
Stats. Implemented: ORS 691.435, 691.445, 691.475, 691.477, 691.479
Hist.: BELD 2-2012, f. 8-16-12, cert. ef. 8-17-12
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310