The Oregon Board of Optometry hereby adopts by reference the Oregon Board of Optometry 2015-17 Biennium Budget of $697,331 covering the period from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2017. The Executive Director of the Board will amend budgeted accounts as necessary within the approved budget of $697,331 for the effective operation of the Board. The Board will not exceed the approved 2015-2017 Biennium budget without amending this rule, notifying holders of licenses, and holding a public hearing thereon as required by ORS Chapter 182.462(1) & (2). Copies of the budget are available from the Board’s office and are also posted on the Board’s website.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 683 & 182
Stats. Implemented: ORS 182.462(1) & (2)
Hist.: OPT 1-1999, f. 6-4-99, cert. ef. 7-1-99; OPT 1-2001, f. 6-18-01, cert. ef. 7-1-01; OPT 1-2003, f. 6-12-03, cert. ef. 7-1-03; OPT 3-2005, f. 6-29-05, cert. ef. 7-1-05; OPT 1-2007, f. 5-21-07, cert. ef. 7-1-07; OPT 1-2009, f. 6-10-09, cert. ef. 7-1-09; OPT 1-2011, f. 6-24-11, cert. ef. 7-1-11; OPT 1-2013, f. & cert. ef. 1-3-13; OPT 2-2014, f. 11-28-14, cert. ef. 1-1-15; OPT 3-2014, f. 12-29-14, cert. ef. 1-1-15; OPT 1-2015, f. 6-25-15, cert. ef 7-1-15
(1) The Oregon Board of Optometry adopts by reference the Oregon Board of Optometry’s Purchasing Policies and Procedures. These Purchasing Policies and Procedures contain all of the purchasing related provisions applicable to the Oregon Board of Optometry and are controlling except as otherwise required by statute or rule. Any additions or revisions to the Oregon Board of Optometry’s Purchasing Policies and Procedures require action of the full Board.
(2) Copies of the Purchasing Policies and Procedures are available for review at the Board’s office.
Stat. Auth.: ORS
182 & 683
Stats. Implemented: ORS 182.460(4)
Hist.: OPT 5-1998, f. 6-29-98, cert. ef. 7-1-98; OPT 1-2005, f. & cert. ef. 2-23-05
Board Member Compensation
(1) Board members of the Oregon Board of Optometry are authorized by law to receive compensation for time spent in performance of their official duties. Compensation rates are: $100 per day when attending a Board meeting in person or $12.50 per hour for attending via conference call or other means. Board members will be paid $12.50 per hour when performing any other approved board business. Board work must be pre-approved by the Board Chair or Executive Director to be eligible for compensation. Board members reviewing continuing education are compensated at a rate of $12.50 per hour for 10% of the total number of CE hours reviewed. This compensation amount is in addition to any eligible reimbursement of travel expenses.
(2) Board members and employees of the Board are authorized to receive actual and necessary travel or other expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties as determined by the Board. Mileage reimbursement is at the rate established by the Internal Revenue Service for privately owned vehicles.
(3) No Board member is required to accept compensation or reimbursement of travel or other expenses while performing official duties as a Board member.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 292 & 182
Stats. Implemented: ORS 182.466(3) & 2009 OL Ch. 535 (HB 2058)
Hist.: OPT 2-2009, f. & cert. ef. 12-11-09; OPT 1-2013, f. & cert. ef. 1-3-13; OPT 2-2015, f. & cert. ef. 11-12-15
The Oregon Board of Optometry adopts by reference the State of Oregon’s contracting policies. These rules are contained in the Oregon Administrative Rules, Chapter 125, Divisions 20, 300, 310, 320, 330, 360.
Stat. Auth.: ORS
670.350 & 683
Stats. Implemented: ORS 670.350 Sec. 3 (4)
Hist.: OPT 5-1998, f. 6-29-98, cert. ef. 7-1-98; OPT 1-2013, f. & cert. ef. 1-3-13
(1) All requests for copies or inspection of public records shall be submitted in writing via U.S. mail, fax or email on the form provided by the agency. Requests are subject to disclosure according to the Public Records Law, ORS 192.410 to 192.505.
(2) The agency may charge fees reasonably calculated to reimburse the agency for costs of providing and conveying copies of public records. Fees shall not exceed the cost of locating, compiling, making available for inspection, preparing copies in paper, audio, or electronic format and delivering them to requestor. All estimated fees and charges must be paid before public records will be made available for inspection or copies provided. Fees for public records are included in OAR 852-010-0080.
(3) The agency shall notify requestor of the estimated costs of making records available for inspection or providing copies of records to the requestor. If the estimated costs exceed $25, the agency shall provide written notice and shall not act further to respond to the request unless and until the requestor confirms that the requestor wants the agency to proceed with making the public records available.
(4) Charges to the general public shall be payable by check, cashier’s check, money order or credit card. Cash will not be accepted as payment.
(5) Staff will not reduce the copy size or otherwise manipulate records to fit additional records on a page, unless staff concludes it will be the most effective use of their time. Consistent with ORS 192.240, all copies will be double-sided. A double-sided copy will be charged as two single pages.
(6) The agency will not permit individuals to provide disks, thumb drives or other means to copy electronic records, due to the threat of computer viruses.
(7) Personal inspection of records must be arranged by appointment with the Executive Director. Inspection must occur during normal office hours. Board staff must be present while records are reviewed.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 683 & 192
Stats. Implemented: ORS 683.270, 192.001-192.505
Hist.: OPT 2-2015, f. & cert. ef. 11-12-15
State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310