(1) "Agency" means the Oregon Health Licensing Agency.
(2) "CEU" means a continuing education unit and the numerical value determined by the board to be earned by a renewal applicant by attending a specified training course. The terms "continuing education credit" and "continuing education unit" are synonymous and may be used interchangeably.
(3) "Continuing Education" means post-licensure education in health care administration undertaken to maintain professional competency to practice nursing home administration, and improve administration skills, in the interest of safety, health and welfare of the people served.
(4) "Experience" means prior performance in administration, including planning, organizing, directing, staffing, and budgeting of a licensed long-term care facility.
(5) "Experience in Health Care Management" means experience in administration, planning, organizing, directing, staffing and budgeting of a licensed health care facility.
(6) "Long-Term Care Facility" means a licensed facility as defined in ORS 442.015.
(7) “NAB” is the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards.
(8) “Official Transcript” means an original document certified by an accredited college or university indicating hours and types of course work, examinations and scores that the student has completed, which has been submitted by the accredited college or university by mail or courier to the agency in a sealed envelope in accordance with ORS 678.730.
(9) "One Year" when related to employment means a period equivalent to 40 hours a week for 48 weeks.
(10) “Preceptor” means a person who is registered to train and supervise an AIT.
(11) "Trainee"; "Administrator-in-Training"; or "AIT" means a person who is completing the residency or intern requirements leading to licensure as a nursing home administrator. See ORS 678.730(1)(a)
Stat. Auth.: ORS 676.615, 678.820(2)(g)
Stats. Implemented: ORS 678.710, 678.730, 678.760
Hist.: NHAB 1-2011, f. 12-15-11, cert. ef. 1-1-12
Oregon State Archives • 800 Summer St. NE • Salem, OR 97310