Occupation: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Occupational Background: 30 years IBEW Electrician including field supervisor and project engineer; Apprenticeship Training Instructor.
Educational Background: Whitworth College, BA; NECA / IBEW Inside Wireman Apprenticeship graduate.
Prior Governmental Experience: None
As a proud native Oregonian with a pioneer history dating back to 1854, I was raised to honor the core values of that heritage: hard work, common sense, and reliability. I’d like to see these Oregon values in action in state government again, so together we can:
- Grow living wage jobs with adequate benefits so people can experience the dignity and satisfaction that comes from being able to provide for their families.
- Provide needed funding to ensure a high quality education for our children, as well as continuing education and skills training for those looking for new jobs or career advancement.
- Give small businesses and entrepreneurs the support and infrastructure they need to thrive by cutting bureaucratic red tape and unnecessary government regulations on small businesses.
- Direct adequate resources toward public services for the most vulnerable among us – children, seniors and the disabled.
- Strike a balance between protection and managed use of the natural environment that is uniquely Oregon’s.
Too many of our elected officials are more interested in partisanship than in doing the hard work necessary to solve Oregon’s problems. I’m not a politician. I’m an independent thinker, dedicated to putting Oregon’s families and communities first.
My commitment to these values and understanding of the issues that face our state has earned me the endorsement of people and organizations you trust, including:
- Stand for Children
- Oregon School Employees Association
- Oregon AFL-CIO
- SEIU, Local 503
- Oregon AFSCME Council 75
- Governor Barbara Roberts
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters
Working together--creatively and innovatively--we can rebuild Oregon.
(This information furnished by Friends of Claudia Kyle.)